Each new electric bike sold by COSWHEEL E-Bikes comes with a Limited Warranty (as defined below) for the original retail purchaser.
PROOF OF PRODUCT REGISTRATION AND ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT IS REQUIRED FOR VALID WARRANTY COVERAGE.
This warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship that occur under normal use conditions. They are intended to provide protection against issues that arise due to manufacturing or design flaws, natural wear and tear that occurs with regular use are not covered within in the warranty.
COSWHEEL provides a warranty to the initial retail buyer of the bike, subject to the terms, conditions, and limitations specified in this document:
- Under regular use and maintenance, the bike's frame, mechanical and electric components will be devoid of defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the delivery date, according to COSWHEEL's warranty.
Mechanical components include: Wheelset, Stem, Bolts and Nuts, Brake Lever, Front Suspension, Crankset, Cassett, Rear Derailleur, Front Reflector, Rear Reflector, Brake Rotor
Electric components: Throttle, Display, Motor, Controller, Speed Sensor
- The battery is covered by a Limited Warranty for one (1) years from the delivery date, against defects in material and workmanship during normal use and service. The Limited Warranty applies to defects that were already present at the time of delivery and covers the battery, motor, controller, display, and sensors. Over time, like any rechargeable battery, the COSWHEEL rechargeable battery pack's capacity will decline due to charge and discharge cycles. COSWHEEL guarantees that the battery pack will maintain at least 90% capacity for a minimum of one years. The warranty does not include damage caused by power surges, using an inappropriate charger, water damage, improper maintenance, or any other abuse or natural wear. This warranty is only valid for the first purchaser, and no other remedies, such as compensation for any harm or loss of use, are included. An additional warranty cannot extend the warranty period.
- Since some parts are easily damaged, the warranty time varies. Please check the table below for details.
Bicycle Frame 1 year Fork 1 year Foldable Handlebars 6 months Stem 1 year Pedals 3 months Brake Brake 3 months Electrical Accelerator 3 months Activation Key 6 months Headlight 3 months Brake Cable Warranty Charging Port 6 months USB Charging Port 6 months Bicycle Frame Cover 3 months LCD Display Screen 1 year Controller 1 year Power Battery 1 year Wheel Rim 6 months Wheel Tyres Warranty Saddle 3 months Locking Folding Buckle 1 year Charger 1 year Driving Motor 1 year Caliper Brake 3 months Disc Brake Warranty Dragging Wheels Warranty
COSWHEEL will assess warranty claims made by the original retail purchaser, authorized dealer, or the retail location where the bike was purchased, if they are made within the applicable warranty period. The purchaser will have to send the bike to the location designated by COSWHEEL at their own expense. If the defective part is covered by the Limited Warranty, COSWHEEL will repair or replace it free of charge, at their discretion, and will also reimburse the shipping costs incurred by the purchaser. If the defective part is not covered by the Limited Warranty, the purchaser will have to pay for the repair or replacement and shipping costs.
Limited Warranty Qualification
To qualify for this Limited Warranty, the following conditions must be met:
- The initial purchaser provides evidence that the bike was bought from COSWHEEL or one of its authorized dealers or distributors.
- The individual seeking warranty coverage is the original and first owner of the bike (the warranty is not transferable in the event of a re-sale).
- The bike was used in compliance with its intended purpose. The COSWHEEL bike is designed for use on paved roads.
- The electronics, including connectors and cables, have not been fixed or modified.
The limited warranty does not cover the following
- Regular wear and tear of the product.
- Damage or failure resulting from abuse, neglect, misuse, or accident.
- Damage caused by off-road or stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics, or any activity that is inconsistent with the intended use of the bike.
- Damages caused by improper charging of the battery pack or use of any charger not provided by COSWHEEL or its dealers.
- Paint damage or rust.
- Installation of any third-party parts, accessories, or electrical or mechanical components.
- Any components that have been altered or tampered with, including but not limited to tires, brake pads, chains, lights, motors, battery packs, displays, controllers, etc.
- Damage associated with commercial use or rental operations.
- Lost or damaged keys.
- Damage caused by stunt riding, racing, or any other abusive treatment.
- Products with the serial number or barcode removed, defaced, damaged, altered, or made illegible.
- Any defects or damages caused by actions that are inconsistent with any guidance or warnings provided in any owner's manuals or product instructions.
Additionally, the following circumstances will void this Limited Warranty:
- All warranties will be void if the bike is used for any purpose other than the reasonable intended use of the bike.
- All warranties will be void if electrical parts are fixed or modified by an unauthorized person.
This is a consumer warranty and does not apply to products used commercially or in rental operations.
Wear and Tear
Certain components of your COSWHEEL bike are susceptible to wear and tear due to their functional use. The extent of wear and tear is dependent on various factors such as regular care, maintenance, usage, mileage, climate, and road conditions. Bikes that are frequently left outside are also subject to accelerated wear and tear due to weathering. To ensure safety, it is important to replace these parts when they reach their wear limit. Examples of such parts include but are not limited to the drive chain or toothed belt, brake cables, brake pads, brake disc rotors, rubber hand grips, sprockets, pinions or toothed belt discs, gear cables, tires, saddle cover, rims, and bearings in the headset, hubs, and bottom bracket.
It is important to regularly check the condition of the brake pads and brake disc rotors and replace them, if necessary, as they are subject to wear due to their function. Environmental factors can also contribute to wear on these parts, so they should be regularly cleaned and maintained. However, replacing these parts due to wear is not covered under the Limited Warranty. If parts need to be replaced due to wear or other issues, it is important to contact the dealer first and follow the appropriate shipping and disassembly instructions to ensure warranty service is provided. Additionally, failure to comply with assembly specifications and inspection intervals can void the warranty and liability for defects.
1. Exclusivity of Warranty
This limited warranty is the full extent of COSWHEEL's responsibilities and the customer's sole and exclusive remedy against COSWHEEL whether based upon warranty, statute, contract, tort (including negligence, strict liability or any other theory of liability), indemnity, misrepresentation or any other basis. This limited warranty is the sole warranty made by COSWHEEL regarding the bike and is in lieu of all other warranties, conditions and remedies, whether written, oral, statutory or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for particular purpose and those arising by statute or otherwise in law or from the course of dealing or usage of trade.
COSWHEEL does not represent or warrant that the bike (or any component thereof) will meet any or all of the customer's particular requirements. The customer acknowledges and accepts that any terms and conditions inconsistent with the terms of this limited warranty that may be contained, or referred to, in any standard terms and conditions of purchase of the customer (or any other document or writing produced by or on behalf of the customer, including without limitation, purchase orders, confirmations and specifications) are expressly rejected and excluded.
The customer further acknowledges that it is not relying on any statements, representations or warranties made by any individual acting on behalf of COSWHEEL as such individual, whether employee or agent, is not authorized to make statements, representations or warranties that exceed those set forth in this limited warranty. Nothing in any assembly instruction, production information or advertisements is intended to create or be construed as an express warranty of any kind with respect to the bike. No agent, employee, dealer, representative or reseller is authorized to modify or extend this limited warranty or to make binding representations or claims, whether in advertising, presentation or otherwise.
The limitations and disclaimers contained in this base warranty may not be modified, altered or waived by any action, inaction or representations, whether oral or in writing, except in writing signed by COSWHEEL's duly authorized representative.
2. Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, in no event will COSWHEEL or its affiliates, or its and its affiliates' respective officers, directors, employees, licensors, manufacturers or suppliers be liable to customer, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or customers or any third party for any loss of use, interruption of business, loss of revenue or profits, interest, lost goodwill, work stoppage, impairment of other goods, loss by reason of shutdown or non-operation, increased expenses of operation, cost of purchase of replacement parts or vehicles or claims by customer or customer's customers for service operation or indirect, special, incidental, punitive, consequential, exemplary, aggravated or reliance damages, however arising, whether for breach of warranty, contract, statute, tort (including negligence, strict liability or any other theory of liability), misrepresentation or otherwise, even if COSWHEEL is made aware of the possibility of such damages.
Your rights may vary from state to state. Some states and jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the disclaimer or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you, and they do not apply where prohibited by law.
We strive to keep our customers happy, and we will do our best to resolve disputes relating to a product or purchase under this limited warranty.
You agree that all disputes with COSWHEEL arising in any way from this limited warranty or the sale, value, condition or performance of the product must be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration and not by a court or jury. By agreeing to arbitration, you are waiving important rights, including, but not limited to, the right to a trial by jury and the right to bring an action in a court of law or equity.
The arbitration will be before a single arbitrator, whose award must not exceed, in form or amount, the relief allowed by the applicable law. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with JAMS consumer arbitration rules and procedures or other arbitration procedures appropriate for use in consumer disputes. The arbitration provision is entered into pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act, and the substantive laws of the State of California, without reference to its choice of law principles, will otherwise govern the interpretation of the limited warranty and all disputes that are subject to this arbitration provision. The arbitrator will decide all issues of interpretation concerning this limited warranty and the arbitration provision.
Any such dispute will not be combined or consolidated with a dispute involving any other person’s or entity’s product or claim, and specifically, without limitation of the foregoing, must not under any circumstances proceed as part of a class action or collective action. It is the intent of the parties that any and all disputes will be resolved on an individual basis only, and that the arbitrator will not have the power to award class or collective relief.
For all inquiries on warranty and returns, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.